Monday, December 8, 2008

Lets Get the Show On the Road

Okay, this is a story about Pasir Gudang Highway. Arrrghh!!! Ha3 I wrote it in red because it's such a horrendous place for you to drive. It's dangerous, scary, lots of holes everywhere and lots of lorry. The first time I drive using the Pasir Gudang highway, I was on my own. It was unplanned actually. I was trapped and it's the only way I can get back home. So, I use it. And look at me, still alive.

It's because Pasir Gudang Highway is dangerous for motorcyclist. Well, cars too but I guess I'm a damn good driver. Ha3 when you ride a bike on that highway, your possibilty to be involved in an accident will be 96.32%. For cars, 84.55%. Lorries' are 67.10%. These statistics were given to me by IRDA (Iskandar Regional Development Authority). Don't bother looking for them, it's classified. ;D

One day while I was going back from school, I was stuck in a traffic jam, a minor one. I thought it was like any jams on the Pasir Gudang Highway. Turned out it was, but this time I got to see first hand on the cause of the jam. There was this motorcyclist on the road, half of his body was cut and thrown somewhere else, and his liver (I think liver la) was on the road. I can't forget the scene till today.

Cars had their shares too. I've seen more of road accident on that higway in a day rather than on PLUS in a year. Well, all I can say, if you're driving using the Pasir Gudang Highway, just becareful. And to those who's not from around here, don't be too shocked to see the 'beauty' of our beloved highway.

Oh ya, IRDA has worked with JKR to construct a new highway (Coastal Highway) to help reduce the congested Pasir Gudang Highway.

No comments: