Friday, January 9, 2009

The Road Not Taken

What would you do when you arrived at a junction? Worst, at a highway intersection where you have to decide fast, otherwise you’d be crushed to death. I came to that intersection a few days ago. You know what? Now I realise I hate driving! Ha3 okay, out of the track already.

Usually, I will have a firm stand on what I believe. Whatever I decide, I’ll stick to it like a frozen tongue to a lamp post on a winter night. Those who know me well will agree to the max about what I just said right now. But this time, I am torn between not just two, but a lot of my good friends. Just to give you the whole idea of what’s going on, my friends are having a silly (should be bold) misunderstanding.

I am a kind of guy who would say ‘That is your problem with her, I’m your friend, and her’s too’. But at a given point, they asked me to state my stand. Choose my side. Pick my friend. Well, not going to happen on the near future babe, because like any other situation, they just happen to have a mutual acquaintance. Me.

So now, I cannot say anything but to just smile to all of them, and do nothing that can worsen the situation. As I said before, I am neutral. But that doesn’t mean that I am a puppet. I watch, and I analyse. Do not bite my hand, and I will leave yours.

 Oh ya, I remember a funny sitcom that gives out this line. Though it kinda does not have to do anything with any of the above, I still think it’s funny.

‘Family is like quicksand. The more you struggle, the more you’ll sink. And if you don’t struggle, you’ll still sink.’

No comments: