Thursday, May 14, 2009

When Fire Meets Fire

I just went back from the movies to watch Angels And Demons. All I can say is, good heavens it was awesome!!!!!! I am so thanking God for not allowing me to finish the book. I mean it would be a very dull movie if I did. I was sitting like a 14 year old schoolgirl with a pad throughout the whole movie. I don't know why but somehow I am so excited to discover the history and mystery  that they unravel during the 2 hour show. It's fast pace, just like the other movie.

I am fascinated by what the movie is about. The conflict between science and religion. I know that a friend of mine already covered this topic but I must say, it is very important for us to understand both their roles. That is why this movie came to the silver screen. Because the guys from the past didn't want to understand it.  I think they do but they refuse to admit it.

See, this group of scientist went on and did some research on anything they are curious of. Then what happen? They found out their research resulted in conflicting facts with the ones given by the church. With that, they began to question the credibility of the church. These church people on the other hand don't want to lose their followers, therefore they had accused the scientist as being misguided. Well, I put it as polite as I can.

These scientist form a group called the Illuminati, 'The Enlightened Ones'. With that, the church hunt the Illuminati and killed them. At first, Illuminati was just like a science club. But when the church had gone barbaric, they had to fight back for survival. Hm, what do the term those lawyers use? An act of defense? Ha that kind of thing. So that explains the age-old rivalry between the two. The church siding the religion and the scientist siding the, well, science.

So, what happens when these two great forces, science and religion, clashes? Well, they actually complete each other. Science explains religion and same goes the other way. I don't understand why they say that exploring science further will bring you away from God. To me, science is actually God's way of explaining His miracles. It's like his blueprint or somekind. So, there is no question of clashing or anything, because both needs each other.

When a man of God (which anyone can be) explore science, I believe that he actually strenghtens his faith towards Him. It does not mean you're abandoning science when you go to the mosque or church or temple or anywhere. Religion is everything but unprogressive. It's just that you have to deeply understand both. And oh ya, I think we need to have a great faith in our own religion first when we watch A&D. The movie really puts it to the test.

1 comment:

Sufee Yusli said...

i totally agree. I have the same problem when I watch those movies. It makes us thinking about loads of questions which are way beyond what we actually should.

Maybe the problem with me is I think too much. But then again, evrything happen for a reason.

May Allah bless us all.