Thursday, May 28, 2009

When I Fall In Love

Good day. I may have read this post out of emotion but that is just one part of me when I'm writing. When I write, I study my subject first, so that at least I'm 100% sure that it is true. To hell for those who thinks it that the content is incorrect, because I know I'm not stupid. Educating is my passion, so educate I will.

Moving on to the real topic of the day. What is it with people and love? Some people are happy, some people went crazy, some people are sad, the others are just playing along. What is love actually? I am talking about the love you give to other people okay? Don't be subjective with me today. This is the love Cupid's hired for.

First, do we even know where love comes from? The world population agrees that it is generated from the heart. Ya, last time I checked, the heart pumps blood throughout the body. Ventricals, aorta, atriums and vena cava. Though I 'left' the heart topic (biologically) I still remember those stuff. It doesn't secretes these things people call 'butterfly' to the stomach.  

Yeah, so where does it comes from? Well, as quoted by Lara Kallich;

First of all, it seems to be widely agreed amongst biologists who study the subject that love is an essential part of human functioning. Dr. Arthur Janov, author of The Biology of Love, brings up a developmental fact essential to understanding this point: "The right hemisphere, which is larger than the left, is the site of feelings and emotions and of holistic, global thinking. Thoughts, planning, and concepts are the domain of the left hemisphere. The right brain is largely mature at the second year of life; the left brain is only beginning its maturation at that time. Feelings pre-date thoughts. In terms of evolution we are feeling beings long before we are thinking ones." Furthermore, it has been shown that neglect, or lack of love, has a serious impact on human ability to survive and develop properly. Dr. Janov notes that infants who are neglected have brains that are significantly different from normal brains: the number of stress-hormone receptors, for example, are much lower in the brain of a neglected infant, which entails a higher level of stress - and therefore unhappiness - in that person. 

Biology, as of this point in time, has successfully determined what processes exactly occur in the brain when one loves another person. However, there are studies that have been done that show some interesting correlations. Dr. Helen Fisher posits a dramatic increase in the amount of dopamine and norepinephrine present in the brain when one first becomes infatuated with another person, which would account for the feelings of euphoria, giddiness and so on that one would experience at that point. Another study showed that, in the brains of people who had recently fallen in love, serotonin levels were significantly higher than those in the brains of the control group. Yet another study demonstrated the possibility of a correlation between the ability of adults to bond emotionally with one another and the presence of the hormone oxytocin, which is normally associated with human reproductive processes such as lactation and, interestingly, male and female orgasm.


Therefore, I would say that it's all in our head. The brain controls everything, including our feelings. I'm not saying this in a negative way, just that to answer one of my friends question, which is where does love comes from. Under normal circumstances I would answer it in a lovey dovey manner, but this time, it's time to face the truth.

Furthermore, what people see in love is quite limited, especially those who are still in their school bench. With love comes responsibility, trust, and commitment. That is why student's are not encourage to venture love deeply, as it's a burden for them, seeing that they have another big topic to cover, which is EDUCATION. Maybe parents think that their chilren cannot handle both, therefore its better for them to pick the better option.

However, it's not wrong to go into it. It's just you have to be careful, and do not meddle with it. It's like your playing with fire. Don't make it burst into flames if you don't plan to get a 2nd degree burn. Control. Life is way ahead of you. There are loads of people to meet. How come you're sure you've found the right one when you only knew the person for a few month? 

I'm telling this to myself first, then it's for the others. Some people might say that this is the result of some sad guy who rants about not being loved. Ha3 I always think of it this way. I know I am happy today, tomorrow, and for many years ahead. Love is a gift which I have yet to receive. For now, I'll just enjoy myself, with my friends. Cheers!

No comments: