Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's Over I Tell You!

Hello. Ever wonder why do we need to fall in love? If we look back, love had nothing to do with the world's development, nor does it shape any civilisation. But somehow it is considered as one of the most powerful forces in the world. Funny, huh? You can't see it, you can't measure it, you can't touch it. And yet the toughest of the tough bow down to it, everytime it lashes it's fury. I just can't seem to figure out why is this happening.

Throughout the history of literature, many great authors are drawn to write about love. For Tolkien, he wrote about the love story between Aragorn and Arwen. Austen wrote many, of which the most significant was of Mr Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet. And who could ever forget, the noblest of love between Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare. Not only that, the Hindu epic of Rama and Sita depicts the love which broke the barrier of mortality.

See, how the world was actually moved by this thing called love? Okay, somehow I see that I had just made my point. Okay, the reason that I write this post is that many of my friends are just in this kind of problem right this moment. For those who had been in love with their boyfriend/girlfriend since, say high school, this might be the moment (in university okayh?) where the relationship might get rocky. What to do? Distance is just not the thing to have when having a relationship.

However strong your feelings are towards your 'other half', you will in a way find that it's difficult to keep going when he/she is not around. Insecurity will set in, doubts came pouring as the dam of trust had exploded, and eventually, a third person will appear. It doesn't matter who he/she (the third person) is, we're now feeling that we're being cheated. All those promised trusts now are just words. You know as they say, promises were meant to be broken.

Then there would be fights. Calls upon calls, text upon text, tears are just our friends. And then it all stopped. No calls. No text. But the tears are still there. Kaya lah Kleenex. Before we know it, grades are falling like comet shower on a bright sunday night. We preferred to be alone, avoiding friends and family. If they ask, the usual answer would be 'I'm alright. Don't worry so much about me'. Macam lah diorang baru kenal 3 jam.

And then came the final text. Or call. 'It's over' Boom! Everything had just ended, including our life. Aspirins would be the answer. Or maybe a knife? Who's there to stop us? Then we should, I must emphasize 'should remember that we still have a God' that can help us. The next thing to do is to ask Him for forgiveness. See, everything happen for a reason. If the relationship does not work out, there must be something wrong in the relationship that Tuhan tak suka.

I am not saying I'm soooo good at this that I'd give a lecture about it this evening. But I'm telling this as a reminder to myself, as well as to my friends, and those of you who experience the same thing. I never said it was easy. But you have to do it somehow. It took me many months to get over it, and I'm still not sure if I did. But I'm trying. And so must you.

You have to think about it. Until when do you want to suck in to your sadness? Till you're dead? Hell no. There are over 6 billion people out there in the world. Why do you want to go to the one that does not even want you in the first place? Have some self respect people. You're worth more than what you think.

This might not help, but at least, think about what I've said. If God wants you to be happy, then you will. If not, it's not your time yet. Hold on to that principle, and you'll go on with your life I promise you.

7 comments:

iLi hAyA said...

panjangnyaaaa
aku lompat2 baca..hehehe

Sufee Yusli said...

ha3 today byk inspirasi!

iLi hAyA said...

i know why!
hehehehe ;D

Sufee Yusli said...

tet!!!! =))

King Of Single said...

ahah!......emm u right...

Lili-Fantasi said...

yup!
ko mmg sgt2 betul! :)

::ayn:: said...

geez. thanks u make me laugh reading this ! :)