Saturday, August 8, 2009

How Old Are You, Sir?

Good day. Have you ever heard that age is just an illusion. Oh you don't know how true it is. They said, judging by my height, I should be 15. By my image, I should be 21. And by my words, they thought I was dead. See, I'm not yet 19. But what the heck? I've seen many things, travelled a lot of places, and spoken a lot of words. I hoped that what I've done are worthwhile. Well, to me, it was. But there are stuff that I thought were inappropriate but still, it's part of life. There are goods and bads. Yin and yang. It's the best couple I've seen, these two.

I watched a movie, Jack, just now. It told a story an extraordinary kid. What on Earth made him such a spectacular boy? He grows up. 4 times faster than a normal kid should. You know how frustrating that is? Kids will wish that they grow up fast, so that they can do what grownups do. But Jack, he wish his body clock works slower. When he's 5, he looks like 20, and by the time he graduated from high school, his body is 68. I love the fact that he's young inside, though his body is actually old. That's why Jack was played by Robin Williams.

See, why is this movie so touching? It's because it shows how an adult can really think, and act like a child. His age doesn't even matter, and his physical being is way out of the question. The moment he steps into the public shool, everyone was so freaked out because, yeah, he's old. But what is old anyway? His brain is telling him to jump and run, but his heart is telling him he'd drop dead if he does so.

I liked his valedictory speech.

'Most people, after completing this phase of life, would freak out. They will ask "What would I do next?" If you are one of this people, look at me..'

I've no words to say these past few days. But I know, I've never felt this way before. It's a mixed feeling. I'm afraid, happy, confused, and hopeful all in one. But I didn't see sadness. Thank God. I need that to lift up my CGPA. Ha3

No comments: