Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Blue Collared, Or Green Eyed?

Salam 1 Malaysia

It has been a very quite raya this time round. What happened actually? I don’t know. I expected it to be very cheerful this year, but seriously, my thought were dashed like a Boeing through the Twin Towers, the North one. My condolence to anyone who lost their loved ones on that fateful day. How I remember that day, 12th September 2001 (considering the 12 hours difference between Kuala Lumpur and New York).

Okay, moving on to a much recent event. Actually, I don’t intend to write that long today. Just to babble on something that I think is important. On the 16th of September last Wednesday, I went out to Segamat to accompany my friend for, okay that one, I can’t recall. What I do remember was that, on our way back to the campus, we were stuck on a traffic jam. Before that, I saw a patrol car which was swerving here and there passing a few other cars. I thought what kind of a copper is that?

Then we stopped right behind him. Oh ya, I saw him, he was on the phone! And to top it off, he didn’t fasten his seatbelt! I managed to take the picture of the car from behind but it didn’t actually show what he’s doing. But trust me, my four other friends and I saw it clearly. Thinking that if he’s busted, for sure I’m the one to be blamed for, well, anything lah kan. Polis.. Nak buat macam mane. Kita je lah yang salah.

You know what? I came to a conclusion that we can never rely on anyone now. Accept if you have loads of cash. The people that we thought can take care of us, the very people who vows to keep the country in peace and harmony, are stabbing us from our backs. They fine us for speeding, but their speed limit is 560mph. They scold us for running past the red light, but their three lights are green. How in the name of God do they sleep at night?

I have a friend who is a son of a copper. He’s friendly. Yes. When I walked by, he’ll shake my hand and ask me how’s life. But he also shake the life out of many friends of mine, asking them for money. Ask? Hm, I’ll prefer the word request. Violently. And he always gets away with it. Why? Don’t have to tell you folks. Now, that boy is a nobody in nowhere.

I’m not here to inflict any hatred towards those policemen, but rather to express my dissatisfaction, and I believe that many people are feeling the same way. You have to believe that everything in life will have its punishment. So, whatever you do, think before you do it. Fulfil the slogan People first, performance now.

No comments: