Monday, February 16, 2009

Then And Now

Good whenever you're reading this people. He3 I have so many in my mind that I wanted to say. Lets just look at the first thing. Have you noticed that we're under recession? Oh yeah, recession, despite the government's effort to hide it from the knowledge of the rakyat. So right now, all spendings are to be frozen! 

10 years ago, a haircut would cost me (my parents) about RM7.00. We'll go to the hair salon (which is like a few minutes away from my house), went in and wait for my turn. The hair stylist will ask me what style would I prefer. I would say 'Biasa lah. Nak pergi sekolah.' The girl would say okay and then finished her job.

Nowadays, I'll go to a particular mall for a haircut. Upon entering the hair salon, the receptionist will greet you, asking how's your day. Then she'll be asking you what do you want to do for today. Then you'll be asked which hairstylist would you prefer. Okay lah kan. Then duduk. Some other girl would ask you what do you want to drink. Maybe a light snack. Then someone brings you a pile of magazine. Then ada orang datang, potong pun macam main2. Berbual je banyak. You go to the counter after habis. keching!! goes the cash register. RM98.00. 

Sheesh. I just want a normal haircut. I mean when you really cut hairs. With visible effect. So now I prefer going to my old barber lah. Jimat. Senang pulak tu. I don't mind spending if it's worth the price. Moreover, we're under a recession. Save for rainy seasons.

No comments: