Sunday, March 8, 2009

Language of The Damned

With full respect to everyone, I do not agree with the demonstration done by those who call themselves the anti-PPSMI. Why do these things happen during this moment? When the world is having a major economic catastrophe. When our political climate is very uncertain. When racial issues are at it's peak. This is totally embarrassing. It depicts our mentality, our dignity. Those who I saw demonstrating were the people who I assume does not want to speak English. They do not want to even try to speak English. What do they expect if they want to succeed globally?

If I remember correctly, our Prophet Muhammad had once said that we need to keep looking for knowledge, let it be in China. At that time he was talking to the Arabs. Do Chinese speak Arabic at that time? I don't think so. That means the Arabs need to learn the language spoken by the Chinese. Foreign language, no? These are the words spoken by Allah's messenger. Do you want to deny that? 

Yes, I do agree that knowledge can be obtained by using any language. But to do that, we need to transalate them from the language of origin! To do that, we still need to understand that language! In this case, English is the most powerful language, that holds more than 75% of knowledge in the world! Happens that it is transalated by a guy who doesn't really understand English, don't you think that the information could be miscarried in some way?

To me, PPSMI should go on. Why do we want to stop a good policy? It's not that we're doomed to go to hell if we learn anything in English. Think. Oh yea, I am against women who smoke. Call me traditionalist, but it's against my belief. But worry not, I won't stop my friends. They are who they are.

1 comment:

KOKEEN said...

finally! found you man!