Wednesday, April 29, 2009

After You Ma'm


I seriously need to overcome some of my phobia. Just now, I was driving towards Taman Pasir Putih's mosque because beside it is a fruit stall. I usually drive with full focus towards the traffic ahead. But this time, I was struck by the fact that there is a HUGE spider at the windshield. I was so flabbergasted that I can't even concentrate on the road. But, since that I was driving, I had to keep my composure. Sheesh, I can't tell you how horrifying it is. Yeah, I have a phobia of creepy-crawlies. Eeikh! Stupid insects.

Lucky it was a spider. If it's a cockroach, sumpah aku brenti tengah jalan suruh orang lain bawak kereta tu! I just plain hate them. Pure evil those things are. If they are good, then why do they last for thousands of years, surviving the catastrophe that had killed the dinosaur? I'd rather die than choosing a path full of insects. 

Oh ya, I just watched Jane Austen Book Club this afternoon. A good story. Not Shakespeare but, quite decent la. That's one thing I like about Americans. They read. And they discuss about what they read. Why can't we emulate that kind of culture here? Because we don't even read! I myself didn't acquire that habit prior the tenth year of my life. But when I read my first novel, Isabella, I learnt the beauty of literature. 

Yeah. Rowling, Brown, Albom, Tolkien, Elliot, Koomson. Those are my favourites. Somehow I have a thing for British authors. But not their movies though. They have weird taste when it comes to the screen. And now, I'm trying to find time to read Jane Austen. I've watched Pride and Prejudice but somehow I'm attracted to her ways of creating the plot, so complicated that Austen herself didn't realise she did it. All I know, Mr Darcy would have to wait till I finish my BEL260 this coming 10th. 


No comments: