Wednesday, April 22, 2009

For The Love Of My Country

Hey there. I've been ignoring this space for quite some time now. I have loads to say but I don't think it's appropriate for me to write it. No no, it's not political but rather close to heart. Seems that the most sensitive of issues are not about race or even the economy, but family ties. I feel that families nowadays are not like how they should be. Look at those of the yesteryear's. Dinner would mean that everyone is at the table eating the same food, cooked by the mother. Now, the Dad is at the hall watching baseball with a box of pizza, kids are out eating Big Mac, Mom is just freaked out with the spare tires, so she's not eating. Yeah. Not in my family thank God for that.

That's about it people. We can say whatever we want but that's the reality. See, no one is eating out at Wendy's as a family no more. Well, we can't lah kan. The only Wendy's with Halal logo I found was in KL. Oooh, big surprise. What I'm saying is, families are falling apart people. Do something about it. Watch TV together, have dinner at the same table at the same time in the same room, and actually have a real conversation, not a conference. It's not wrong to watch movies too you know, as a family. Before you regret anything, better grasp what you have right now.

Okay, moving on. I watched Outsourced, a movie about a guy going to India and blah blah blah. He had to work there. And at first, he had a very hard time adapting to the place. Imagine, you're at the heart of Manhattan in a minute, and the next you're in a massive traffic jam in Gharapuri. Well it's kinda the same but, yeah you know what's what. One day, he was craving for cheeseburger so he went all the way to Mumbai. Turn out, the chance to find a cheeseburger in the whole of India is a billion to one. Ha3 get it? 'A Billion' to one! 

I've had that feeling before. You know when you want something from your hometown but you can't have it. At last you just have to settle for fish and chips, or maybe fillet o' fish. Not really Malaysian huh. Well yeah, you always had your usuals for breakfast and suddenly it's french toast and egg! Oh ya, that is my usuals but like I said, it's never the same like when you're at home. Huh, everything is about food . ;p But really, food is always a problem when you're abroad. I don't care about people relating my name to a jihadist from Iraq, I was worried that I might slim down!


Okay, the thing I'm trying to say is, 

Hujan emas di negeri orang, hujan batu di negeri sendiri.

Wherever you go, whatever you do, don't forget where your hometown is. I'm sure that one day, you'll miss what's here. I've heard people saying they're dream would be going to London, Egypt, Paris and the list goes on. I would just smile. He3 Because I know, they will be missing their Roti Canai the minute they step their foot at Heathrow.



No comments: