Monday, May 11, 2009

In Time With The Events

What is history? My 2nd semester! Ha3 No2, back to the real world Sufee. Well, in my opinion, history is a chain of event occuring as a result of another history, which is a chain of events, that occured in the past. We've seen many things happenned for the last how many centuries. I can't imagine what would happen if some other things else appeared.

What would happen if Kennedy, both John and Robert were more aware that they're on the brink of their deaths? Would they be more careful? What would arise if Hitler actually gave his full power to Hiemler, his most trusted right-hand man? Would a plane still be a mere dream if the Wright brothers had acrophobia (fear of heights)?

When Neville Chamberlain stepped down as the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom in 1940, Churchill was not his first choice as successor. Some other guy, I think it was Clement Atlee but let's just call him A, was more of a desirable person to lead the nation. But on the evening of the announcement, A went to see his dentist. Should Churchill be denied of his fated post as the Prime Minister of UK, would Great Britain survived World War II?

Yesterday, I went out and had lunch with my friends. We were supposed to go to KFC but turn out, it was packed with millions of people. Then we went to Naser Corner and saw the same situation. We ended up at Lembah Beringin instead of Segamat Corner. Tengah2 makan boleh pulak nampak Azzali.. Turn out he was with his family. After finishing my meal I had a chat with his father. He then told me that the lunch was on him. Had KFC not been crowded at that time, I wouldn't have the chance to meet his family (and saved RM10 for lunch, he3).

What I'm trying to say is, history is something that was fated to happen, actually happened. For whatever reason it may be, God had something planned for us. Our job is only to run the event, and go with the flow. 

'Free at last, free at last! Thank God Almighty we are free at last!'

Martin Luther King Jr.

1 comment:

Sufee Yusli said...

Thanks so much! it's good to know that someone's reading. =)