Tuesday, June 2, 2009

From One To The Other

Hello. I had plans tomorrow. I'm going out with a bunch of my friends to City Square. Yeah, actually I'm meeting Tiah over there, but I'm taking this opportunity to bring along my old friends so that I don't have to go out a few million times to actually meet all my friends. Turn out, tomorrow is the last day before Myvi's road tax expired. I've forgotten that May had already closed it's curtain. So, my dad was like,

 'Balik before 12 AM tomorrow or I'll call the police,'

Ha3 well I've only been home after 12 for a few times. It's just that, I don't find anything fun outside after that time. Yeah, living in Pasir Gudang is just like living in some boring neighbourhood of Napa. No offense, Napa folks. So I don't see the point of having a night out after midnight. Unless we're in JB, then it's another story. But as a few million people knew, JB is 30 minutes drive from Pasir Gudang, so what the **** right?

The other thing is, my parents had always been monitoring my movements since I was a baby. Where I go, what I do, what I say is all controlled. I'm not saying it in a bad way. But that's the fact. So I'm trained not to go out at night, not to do this nor that. My environment is a controlled one. Many would say something and I know what it is but, it's just the way it is. So I accepted it.

But when I entered my secondary education level, it kinda change bit by bit. By then, I know that there are teenagers who drinks, who smoke, and had sex. Yeah, I know, pathetic huh? Before that I thought the worst would be having a fist fight with a teacher. From there I get to know many people with loads of colours. Smokers, drinkers, and those who just wanna have fun.

I don't care about smoking. What worries me is that many of my acquaintance drinks. Call me a traditionalist but I just can't accept it. Few of my friends did, and still do but I can't change them, so be it. Who am I to tell them to stop. But I can say this. Drinking will lead to drunkenness. When you're drunk, you don't know what you're doing. 

I've a story. Yes, another one. It's from a TV show where you call the guy at the show to give feedback. One night, a girl called, sobbing. Here's what she said.

My dad is a businessman and my mum is never at home. So we (my brother and I) will organise a party every week. Friends would come and liquor are served. When midnight comes, we would get ourselves a partner and go to bed. Usually, we were drunk so we don't even know who our partner is. It's just for the fun of doing it. The fun ended when one day, I woke up and found out that my brother was the one who had sex with me. I can't even look at my brother after that.

See, I don't know about you, but that's just sad. Sick, and sad. How could you actually end up that way? Regret is all you can do. The road less taken might be boring, but the end would be not quite sad. You cant rewind time and undo stuff. What we can do is prevent. How? Stay away from all the factors. A long journey lays ahead. Why shorten it?

No comments: