Monday, June 8, 2009

Obama's Speech To The Muslim World

Good day. I’ve been reading this Berita Minggu newspaper and I saw one article that says about President Barrack Obama needed to review the policy of alliance with Israel. This is a follow-up from the historical speech made by the President of the Free World to the Muslim community throughout the globe. I watched that speech live through CNN. It was roughly 55 minutes. What I hoped from that speech does not come out actually.

I still remember when I know that the first black American was about to run for Presidential candidate. It was an interesting one as many ‘firsts’ were in that race. First woman, first Hispanic, oldest, and first African-American. No, I’m not being racist. That’s what they have reported, I’m just typing it back. So, it caught my eye. Clinton was never a tough fight for Obama actually. She focuses on women’s rights, and other policy that’s not so convincing if we put it side by side with Obama’s.

What Obama put in that Presidency race was hope. Hope to change the world. While McCain was busy fishing for vote by using a female running mate. Turn out, that lady has an internal problem with her family. While shouting for family policy, saying that family ties are important, her daughter is having fun at home, pregnant. Even though this looks like Obama was the clear winner, that’s not the reality.

There are some policies introduced by Obama even before he’s the President-elect that’s bothering the people. Taxes policies for instance, bring relief for the poor community and fear for the riches. We have to accept the fact that in some part of America, the land of opportunity, there are still a community which does not want to have an African American to be their president, therefore, it is a problem which Barrack has to face.

The day Obama won, my dad texted me the result. I was jumping like hell when he did. Why? I don’t even know. But maybe it’s because I was hearing one of the many histories that the world is carving. Well, that’s just the same with his speech on the 4th of June in Cairo. I do believe that it will be a start of something, be it anything.

Obama’s speech that day was just like a normal speech. The difference between that and the other is, that day he was speaking in front of an audience which Muslims are the majority. Next, the target was the large Muslim society of the world. Then, he was speaking at a foreign world, which he actually has the risks of being shot or blown off in a matter of seconds.

The content of his speech, like I said, sounds familiar like the others. But, he should be praised for having the effort to do it. To at least have the initiative to fool us if he does not have the intention to realise his promises. A speech is just a speech to me. What’s important is the implementation afterwards. Like any others, this guy should be given the chance.

 

‘If we choose to be bound by the past, we will not move forward’

Barrack Hussein Obama

No comments: