Friday, December 26, 2008

Take On Something Your Own Size

Good evening, or whatever time it is that you're reading this. =) As many would know, I am relatively at the end of my teenage years. Therefore, my choices of television programme should comprise of Boston Legal, The OC, House, Doc Martin, etc etc. Believe it or not, those are my favourite shows. Oh ya, I do enjoy McLeods' Daughters too. But I do enjoy cartoons too. Yes, and I must say, I really adore Sylvester. Ha3 and Tom. They're the best antagonist you can ever get.

To me, they gave loads of moral values. Like Tom & Jerry, it shows that friendship is very important. If not, Jerry would be eaten a long time ago okayh. But because Tom thinks about his life-long frienship with Jerry, he lets the cunning mouse away. And that's not all. Like Kiteretsu, there is an episode where it tells you the history of marathon. It goes like this:

The name marathon comes from the legend of Pheidippides, a Greek messenger. The legend states that he was sent from the town of Marathon to Athens to announce that the Persians had been defeated in the Battle of Marathon. It is said that he ran the entire distance without stopping and burst into the assembly, exclaiming "Νενικήκαμεν" (Nenikékamen, 'We have won.') before collapsing and dying. The account of the run from Marathon to Athens first appears in Plutarch's On the Glory of Athens in the 1st century AD who quotes from Heraclides Ponticus's lost work, giving the runner's name as either Thersipus of Erchius or Eucles. Lucian of Samosata (2nd century AD) also gives the story but names the runner Philippides (not Pheidippides).

See, I told you it has a few benefits when you watch cartoons. So, it's not a sin to watch something that is kinda not suitable for your age. After all, besides internet, television is the next window to the world. Agree? Till then..

No comments: