Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Green Green Grass Of Home

Hello. My schedule today was packed as I fill it with too many stuff I think. My plan was just to wash the car but it turned up that I had a very leafy garden. I don't even know that Malaysia had fall. I didn't get the memo about Malaysia's having the four seasons. No, not the salt, pepper and spice crap.. Well, I thought that rather than sitting around doing nothing, I'd better clear it up. My backyard is not that big. So at first I thought I can do it by the end of The Nanny. Turn out I had to spend an hour and a half doing it. Raking leaves leads to plucking weeds, which leads to washing the ducks. The porcelain ones. Lucky I don't have any ponds. That would add up another hour I think.

Then I suddenly realise, what I had been doing, is just something to pass the time. I didn't even actually finish the job. The guys who were supposed to do it, are doing it to feed themselves, and sometime others. The gardeners usually spent the whole day just to clear up the whole compound. No, it's not that it's too damn wrecked. My mum's a neat freak, she'll never let that happen. It's just that there are too many things to do. I don't study Agricultural Science but I know that plants need to be watered, kena baja and all that, sometimes they have that parasite stuff, snails and all, so yeah, what a job description huh? Now that's just my house.

Like I said, they're doing it so that they can make ends meet. Day by day, houses upon houses, I just can't imagine it. What about their golden age? Would it even be golden when it comes? Or they still have to work to cope it all? I'm not speculating anything about their education level as not everyone has the same opportunity. Life is sometimes funny in a way that when you're trap, it's hard for you to untie the knot. However, what I'm dissapointed most is with the ones that have the chance, but threw it away the minute they get their hands on it. Come on, you're given the ball. Why pass it on to someone else without even trying to strike a goal?

What I'm trying to say is, be thankful of what you have. If you have a large garden, be thankful that you have someone to hire to take care of it. If you don't, be thankful for having the energy to take care of it yourself. If you have a small garden, well, be thankful you have one and if you have none, be thankful because you don't have to take care of any. There's a silver lining on every clouds. Well, it's not always cloudy you know. So however your day is, make the best of it. The glass is always half full. Wait, who drank the other half?

1 comment:

FdausAmad said...

Gua nak jemput lu dtg kenduri kat blog gua.
Follow terus pun xpa.Ikut baca doa.

Blog gua tu dah tak seimbang.Ramai budak berat belah punk.

Gua dah 6 hari merantau jemput kenduri ni.